Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding, fourth edition: Spiralbound
Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding provides the tools needed for providers and payers to accurately and effectively use the ICD-10-CM code set. It clarifies the new diagnosis codes in detail to assist in making correct ICD-10-CM coding choices. Examples of real-life chart notes are included.
Updated to include the 2017 code set, the fourth edition of Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding helps health care professionals learn how to make correct decisions when selecting diagnosis codes from the ICD-10-CM codeset. It is written for all skill levels—from basic to advanced—and appropriate for self-learners and the classroom. This educational tool helps professionals:
- Understand the purpose of ICD-10-CM and its relationship to the reimbursement process
- Understand and apply coding conventions when assigning codes
- Interpret basic coding guidelines for outpatient care
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes to the highest level of specificity
- Properly sequence ICD-10-CM codes