This course is a recommended prep course for the following medical coding certifications:
Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
Certified Outpatient Coder (COC )
Certified Professional Billers (CPB)
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Certified Coding Specialist Physician Based (CCS-P)
Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
- This course covers inpatient and outpatient medical coding, health information technology, medical terminology, anatomy, pathophysiology, reimbursement methodology, and pharmacology.
- Students will learn how to efficiently code from coding data sets, including CPT, ICD-10CM/PCS, and HCPCS.
- The course incorporates hands-on practice with encoders and real inpatient and outpatient cases to code.
- Upon completion, students are prepared for various certification exams from AHIMA and AAPC.
- Graduates become more competitive for higher paying jobs in multiple healthcare settings like hospitals and physician offices.
- Real scenarios to ensure students are fully prepared for the workforce.
- The online self-study format allows students to learn at their own pace and on their schedule, making it a convenient option for busy professionals or those with other commitments.
- Upon completion, students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a successful career in medical coding.
- Students have 12 months to complete the program at their own pace.