AMA's Medicare RBRVS: The Physicians' Guide 2019 is a concise, trusted resource on Medicare's RBRVS system. It provides the insights, tools and tables needed to understand the RBRVS system and to easily and accurately calculate payment schedules. Also includes an Excel file of the complete RVU table.
The 28th edition of Medicare RBRVS: The Physicians’ Guide 2019 provides the much-needed updated information on the new 2019 Medicare Physician Payment Schedule, payment rules, conversion factor, CPT® and HCPCS RVUs, and GPCIs that affect the physician practice. This book is a must-have tool for physician practices because it offers invaluable insight and information needed to understand Medicare’s resource-based relative value scale (RBRVS) payment system, and to help physician practices establish physician charges and to calculate Medicare payments.
- The complete RVU table in an electronic file. Purchase the book and receive access to the complete RVU table in an Excel file format. Use the file to sort, filter, calculate, and present the data to meet your needs. Quarterly updates are also available. Initial file and quarterly updates will be delivered by an emailed link. (Access to the file and updates requires registration. See inside of book for details.)
- Critical insight into the RBRVS system — detailed background information on the RBRVS system, an in-depth explanation on the key components and operation of the payment system, use of the RBRVS by Medicare and the private sector, geographic adjustments, conversion factors, limits on physician charges and CMS adoption of the Physician Practice Information Survey Data and other Practice Expense Methodology changes
- Updated information on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, payment rules, and the conversion factor — covers new payment rules that take effect in 2019
- Updated RVUs for 2019 CPT® codes including every RVU element — Physician Work, Practice Expense (Facility and Nonfacility) and Professional Liability Insurance
- List of RVUs for CPT and HCPCS–coded procedures and services — calculate and establish physician charges using RBRVS relative values
- List of RVUs for anesthesiology services
- List of geographic practice cost indices (GPCIs, pronounced as “gypsies”) for each for each Medicare payment locality — Physician Work, Practice Expense and Malpractice Insurance