Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important CPT® and HCPCS codes for cardiology and vascular surgery, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity. CPT® Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT® and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT®-to-ICD-10-CM crosswalks and detailed explanations of anatomy, physiology and documentation. In addition, for the first time in the same volume, verbatim guidelines and parenthetical information from the CPT® codebook specific to cardiology and vascular surgery CPT® codes can be found.
This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is provided in a full procedural code book. Cardiology and vascular coding and billing knowledge that otherwise might take years of experience or multiple resources to accumulate is available in a single volume.
Features and Benefits
- A subset of specialty-specific CPT® codes chosen by experts who take into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity
- Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any competitor’s specialty codebooks
- Official code-specific CPT® parenthetical instructions
- Plain English descriptors that clarify for the reader the details of the service represented by the CPT® code
- CPT® Assistant citations
- Procedural illustrations
- Crosswalks from CPT® to ICD-10-CM
- National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
- CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
- Facility and non-facility relative value units (RVUs) including global surgery days, physician work and practice, malpractice and total expenses as well as those modifiers that can affect relative values
- Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS codes, CPT® modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and documentation practices
- Appendixes offering clinical documentation checklists and evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines